Monday, October 22, 2007

Don't Get Fooled

Junk is junk. Whether it comes in your (snail) mailbox or your Inbox, it's junk.

Scott has a post asking how to teach common sense when here. Some will learn, some won't.

People that fall for scams fall for them whether they come by snail mail, telephone, or email Email is the easiest to perpetrate. Therefore, more people are falling for email scams these days.

The unfortunate thing is that I haven't found a way to foist pain back onto those that are populating my Inbox with crap. Actually, my filters are pretty good these days, so I don't see most of it.

With telephone scams, my game is (when I have the spare time) to keep them on the phone for as long as possible. I once kept a scammer on the phone for two hours while he kept trying different ways to get me to tell him my bank account and routing number. At least for those two hours, I knew that THAT guy was not scamming someone's grandmother.

No comments: